*** NEW VWC WEBSITE ***
The new VWC website is now available to all VWC customers. The Commission asks all customers to become familiar with the new site and provide feedback as necessary. Please note that this website change will not affect WebFile in any way. Please contact the Commission with any questions.
*** Special Notice *** The civil penalty for an employer uninsured for workers compensation when required will increase significantly, up to a maximum of $50,000, effective July 1, 2014. For more information click here.
The civil penalty for an employer uninsured for workers compensation when required will increase significantly, up to a maximum of $50,000, effective July 1, 2014. For more information click here.
*** Save the Date ***
Adjuster's Seminar September 16-17, 2014 - Seminar registration is now open, please click here to learn more.
Attorney's Meeting November 19, 2014 - Please click here to learn more.
*** Special Notice ***
Effective February 10, 2014, the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Department and Mediation Scheduler have a new fax number: 804-823-6904.
The Commission is charged with administering Virginia's workers' compensation program, which applies to most employers doing business in Virginia and most employees working in Virginia.
We hope you find the information contained in this site helpful and informative. The Commission offers several online services, and we encourage you to take advantage of the benefits these services provide.
The mission of the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission is to strive for excellence by being an effective leader in providing public services by ethically administering our statutory duties and being responsive to the diverse needs of our customers.
- Claim for Benefits / Claim for Benefits - FAQ
- WebFile home
- Virginia Workers' Compensation Act
- For Injured Workers
- For Employers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Search VWC Judicial Opinions
- News and Press
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Fund site
- Birth Related Injury Fund site
- VWC Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- ADR/Mediation / Mediation Request Form
- Claims and Hearings Flow Chart
- 2013 - Annual Report
- Injured Worker's Guide
- Injured Worker's Guide - Spanish
- Employer Workplace Poster
- Employer Workplace Notice - Risk to Coal Miners
- Employer Workplace Notice - Spanish
- WebFile Guide for Claimants
- WebFile Guide for Claim Administrators
- WebFile Guide for PEO
- Saslaw Report (New)
- Workers' Compensation Information Sheet for Employers
- VWC Glossary of Terms